Wednesday 3 July 2013

Creative Imagination


They always ask me.
They always tap me.
What is it you write about?
What inspires you to write this piece?
What makes you write this poem, story and why?
What is your treason?
What provoked you to create this vivid world of anger or righteousness you believe in?
I say it's a big world out there to explore, I'm not on a small island you know.
So what's not to write about, and pick out your time or place in the field.
What's not to talk about the beauty of life, the fantasy novels giving Gothic dragons the dark anthem, the fire inside the burning fuel for inspiration doesn't run a once in awhile schedule to be written.
I need to write, not just once a month, I need to write everyday of my life.
Read as much to enrich the language I speak.
Add note later for stories untold, the world is my journal, my weekends that give family depths to the writer's imagination.
Creative writing, where have you been hiding?
I told them they don't understand you, or respect you without commodity.
They think you're just a waste of time.
A waste of effort.
A waste of space.
And a waste of energy being put in a book.
The pen is not sold cheap for school homework, it's eternal like endless air.
Regenerate the lost turntables that call for intros, lyrics for the future in light years to your missing moon.
These writings take a hold of my musical words at hand.
The conductor orchestrating jumping syllables to my notepad.
Take a pick at the region, take a missing void and fill it for the continuous Out With The Girls story.
I know Battersea has my creative spirit around these parts, but I trust myself enough no borough has my back to be authentic, spiritual and universal.
Creative writing has no limits to the ocean.
So why limit it to narrow minded fools?
Why limit to just storytelling, the funniest, depressing agendas?
Or the typical subject matters that run on social change, race, politics, hate, sex, economy and religion we've known for years and years.
Something specific will sound the same.
The 21st Century isn't gonna help the writing move forward.
If our minds are stuck in the 19th Century on what creativity should be.
Leave your attention span stagnant as always.
Creative imagination has more to offer.
A movie like The Lord Of The Rings.
Let's look a the Inside Man.
Imprisonment to the box no room to breathe, no room to venture out.
I can't be your Lil'Wayne, your Rick Ross, your Waka Flocka or your Nick Cannon.
I can be a lyrical genius amongst the few Shakespeare, John Keats, Ted Hughes or the Metaphysical Poets.
You always say be yourself, find your voice, follow your heart.
But you still measure me and compare me to other poets to sound like them.
It's either you lied to me, or you're a hater who doesn't want me to shine on stage.
My creative imagination shouldn't happen overnight like everyone else.
I know where my writing lies, together the pen and I will find our voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment