Tuesday 18 March 2014

Body of work


Turn my body into art...turn my arms into the nightmare tattoos of burning skulls.
Turn my body into gardens sprouting roses of the one I love.
My body is a gallery of old school photos like it was a photography studio.
I do not remember looking like that on National Picture Day.
The tattooist had tattoos of their own, the pain has left inks permanent attached to sensitive skin.
My mum doesn't want me to have tattoos, my body is too perfect from drawing silly cartoons.
Writings on your back, it's the Devil of the Western Culture.
Handsome boy doesn't need ink destroying his flesh by the Western Devil himself.
I act, I dance, I perform, I even broadcast myself to worlds unfamiliar with my art.
But we come from a judgement society, a conservative society and tattoos are creating enemies for liberals to lecture on skin discrimination.

Turn my body into art, make my work portray planets Uranus and Neptune can understand the ways the telescope can discover.
So discover the tattoos I express dark poetry.
It's Gothic talking black and Star of David being the religious cult of my cloak.
This is where fallacy has no apology to my skin.
I chose to pierce my vulnerable skin to death.
I permanently wanted my body to enjoy the pleasure of pain.
Felt like uuuhhh sex was on the plateau.

Turn my body to Tate Modern as I exhibit surrealism to the unbreakable masses.
The tattoos with meaning and consent, the slogans run across the arms like Bible verses were testimonies.
Turn my legs into Greek temples, standing stiff on athletic grounds racing for the golden Olympus.
See my art on my face, bleeding The Shawshank Redemption hypocrisy.
My life was the cold bars of steel, not wanting visitors in my bubble.
I'm wearing your favourite London Brand outside Oxford Circus.
I performed my naked fashion on Downing Street for the Prime Minister to see.
Turn my tattoos to art, cartoonist turn my hands into Scooby snacks.
And the sequel to The Dusk Of Dawn.
My body is the drinking fountains of wonder, the eye seeing conducts of spirituality that likes the surrealism paintings.

Yes go for it, turn my body into art.
I want the world to see the beauty in my nude.
Watch me undress the naked poem, make words fall down like drawers.
Get ready for me bears, tigers and komodo dragons, I'm one of you.
Now human beings, don't be offended by the rocking penis it's natural to wave and say hello down there.
Happy faces to be proud Mother Nature has made us this way.
So fuck the city life and be free.
Be like Nelly it's getting hot in herre so take off all your clothes.
All clothes, just let them brawl.
Let them flow in pavements to GAP and Primark.
Turn my body into art, I'm naked and proud, paint my chest red, my head green like a greener city.
Paint my feet orange, paint my tongue blue cos blueberries are the new raspberries.
Turn my body to art.

No comments:

Post a Comment